The question customers are asking themselves is: what to build in 2023? The boom in the construction of country houses is not decreasing. However, the external environment and other factors are adjusting the pricing and availability of many materials. In this article, let’s try to understand which house is better and cheaper to build in 2023.
Current trends in building materials
With the beginning of each construction season, developers are accepting those who want to move from the city to their suburban home. The impetus was the pandemic of 2020, many families were trapped in their apartments without fresh air. Owners of suburban housing and cottages truly appreciated all the benefits of a private home.
Those who have decided to move out of town ask the same question: What are the trends in construction today? Most clients want to build not just a bland box, but a house that is relevant for all times.
What kind of house is relevant to build in 2023
Fashions are changing all the time. If customers ordered mostly houses made of red or white brick, today the trends have shifted to frame houses. Such housing is built quickly and with modern environmentally friendly materials. The low quality of construction is a big myth. Today frame houses are not inferior to their block or brick counterparts.
The basis of housing – a solid frame, sheathed with plates of various materials, including insulation. The customer can choose any exterior design.
If 10 years ago were popular exclusively two-storey structures, today the trends have shifted towards single-storey analogues. About 60% of customers want to build a one-story house, and there are a number of good reasons for that.
First, there is no additional physical burden. Going up and down stairs every day is no easy task.
Second, such a house is easier to clean. There is no more need to lift a vacuum cleaner and other equipment to clean upstairs properly.
Third, single-story homes are safer if there are small children in the house
The average size of single-story homes is about 150 square feet. This is enough to accommodate a kitchen-living room, several bedrooms, bathrooms and a hallway inside.
Environmentally friendly materials
Today more and more customers are opting for natural materials. What can be used to build eco-friendly housing in 2023? As a rule, it is logs and glued beams.
These materials do not emit any toxic substances, which makes them safe for households. Housing from these building materials does not require the construction of a heavy foundation, which reduces construction costs. However, it is important to consider the need for antiseptic treatment of timber and logs against insects.
It’s not just about the design of the facades of the building, but also the quality of materials that will last for many decades. As a rule, in this case, the walls are erected using frame technology with upholstery made of environmentally friendly materials – natural wood siding.
The interior space assumes a free layout, which is increasingly called the studio. The priority color scheme – white, gray and beige colors, as well as wood.
Lots of light
Stained glass and panoramic glazing are becoming popular again. Modern projects increasingly often combine a large number of windows in the kitchen-living room. This allows you to achieve natural light in the morning and during the day. Psychologists proved long ago that sunlight improves mood and well-being.
Modern technology is constantly evolving. This also applies to the construction industry. All projects require compliance with energy efficiency principles, which is especially important in regions with a long heating season. To reduce energy costs, modern insulation is used for walls and floors, better glass and doors are installed. According to statistics, these measures help to save up to 30% of the energy in the house.
To consult on the construction of the house, contact experienced builders from the company Build Co Kirill Yurovskiy.
Thermal efficiency of building materials
With the rising prices of gas, heating and electricity the issue of thermal efficiency of materials is the most acute. Savings will become more and more important in the future. To choose the right material for walls, floors or ceilings, you need to know the thermal efficiency indicators.
What to build a house from in 2023: heat efficient materials
- Styrofoam. One of the most popular insulators due to its low price, ease of installation and versatility. The material does not allow water to pass through itself, which provides high energy efficiency characteristics. Widely used for insulation of foundations, basement and walls. Particularly popular for rooms with high humidity, such as basements.
- Glass wool. Widely known insulation, which is not afraid of moisture, rodents, insects. Available for purchase. However, in recent years, its use is steadily falling due to the emergence of new, more innovative materials.
- Stone wool. Represents basalt rock. The material is completely environmentally friendly and is not subject to combustion.
- Ecowool. It is considered an organic insulator. Produced from shredded soaked in special solutions of waste paper.
Features of the main building materials used in 2023
The modern range provides a comprehensive answer to the question: what to build a house from in 2023. Construction involves investing a large sum of money, attracting significant resources, spending time and getting a quality result. That is why customers should carefully study the range of building materials and choose the most relevant.
This is a worthy alternative to other building materials for the construction of private houses. Blocks allows you to quickly erect the desired structure for a low cost. The advantages of aerated concrete is a significant thermal insulation properties.
The material will keep the heat inside the building, which will reduce the cost of heating in the cold period. Concrete blocks are resistant to open fire and other adverse weather conditions, which makes the structure durable. An added “plus” is the larger block size, which allows you to build faster.
The idea to manufacture houses in factories and then assemble them on the site first occurred to the inhabitants of Western Europe. Progressive technology has reached Russia, becoming one of the most popular in the country.
The essence is to develop an individual project, on the basis of which the structure is made at the factory. All components are mounted on a pre-built foundation. Then occurs roofing work, exterior and interior decoration.
The advantages of the technology are:
- High quality. Automation of production excludes the risk of defects. The building turns out to be strong and resistant to any loads.
- Easy and quick installation. Ready-made structures do not create difficulties for builders. As a rule, frame houses are erected in 1-1.5 months.
- Economy. As a rule, the cost of frame houses construction is 20-30% cheaper than analogues.
The modern house made of wood is a comfortable and environmentally friendly house, which is still popular with customers. Natural wood creates a favorable indoor microclimate. The current technology involves building houses from logs or beams.
The first material gives the structure a unique appearance. “Plus” is the absence of additional processing and finishing. Solid timber allows you to build a durable and modern house, which can significantly retain heat inside the room.
Brick masonry is popular because of the durability of the resulting structures. The advantages of brick masonry are:
- Is not exposed to the effects of adverse environmental factors – wind, frost, hot sun.
- Can stand without major repairs for decades.
- Environmentally friendly and harmless to health material.
- Brick creates a favorable microclimate inside the building, keeping warmth in winter and freshness in summer.
- Brick does not rot and does not burn thanks to its fireproof properties.
- High level of protection against noise from the street.
- Good aesthetic characteristics.